Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Oh hoppy day!

  Well let me please start off by saying that I have not been able to hear hardly anything for over a week now. It started in the middle of the night, and bam! I couldn't hear. I am already deaf in one ear, so when my good one had this happen to it, I was a bit panicky. I realized that I would HATE to go deaf. BUT, I would hate to go blind worse. I am so audio and visual, that it would be hard for either of those to happen. I came to the realization of all of this in about 5 minutes, and then resigned myself to being ok (but not liking it) with being deaf. Alas, it was not meant to be (at least not at this point). And today, after much flushing of the ear, I am able to hear! Whoopee!

   Last but not least, the title isn't a typo. My family has acquired 3 new family members. Recently our two sweet mini rex passed away. So pretty much all summer long our hutch has set empty. Saturday my husband (who I have taken to calling Javier) found some rabbits that were going to be sold for butcher. He came home and had me go and pick them out, one for each of our girls (although we tried to con him into letting our "4th" daughter get one for herself too...he said no). I had to wade through several bunnies who were running rampant, and had to catch them and find out who were boys and who were girls. We do not want babies, so we decided all would be girls (or "does" for the technical term). Three rescued buns later, and we are happy as can be with our newest additions. They are Flemish Giant and Checkered Giant crosses. And these sweet babies were headed to someones plate! Mona and Nolie, are both 6 weeks old, and Ms. Jenni is 3 months old. Mona and Nolie are already as big as Luke and Sophie (our prior buns) were!

 


   These girls are sweet sweet sweet! And NOSEY! We are getting them used to being handled and around people. Ms. Jenni is the tougher sell of the three. The babies are already gentle. Ms. Jenni was named after our youth pastors wife. LOL. I hope she is flattered. The buns will be appearing in some photography when the time is right. But it won't overshadow their day jobs as pets. Here they are!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones