Friday, August 13, 2010

finally a moment to catch up...

    I was gone for awhile. My little family unit loaded up and went "home" for a visit. My little family unit going, consisted of one husband (my mancake James), one wife (me!), three daughters (oldest, middle and youngest...in that order), and our three boys (ahem, that would be our three dogs - Angus, Edgar, and Puccini- no aliases...in that order). We all fit nicely in "The White Whale, Moby Dick" as I affectionately call our mini van.  

   We had a busy busy busy trip, and now need a vacation. While we were there, we attended 3 class reunions. They were interesting, and so much fun to catch up. I really hadn't seen anyone that I went to school with since I graduated. I also got to take advantage of all sorts of farm animals, courtesy of my mama. We were able to see brand new baby goats! Two little darling girl babies. Not to mention my sister in law was so gracious as to go ahead and have their first born while we were there too. Not to shabby! He was a BIG boy! And cute as well.

   On our journey home our (beginning to not be so little) family unit consisted of all the previous trip takers, as well as a hitch hiker...the cat. Percival joined us on our trip home, again, courtesy of my mom. And he, like me, has sinus issues. So I have been busy with not only getting my girlies back in school, but playing nurse maid to a very demanding and vocal kitty. I have something filling my days while the kids are slaving away in school. He is way more like a dog than a cat. So here is a little peek at what our trip home looked like. 

*Key*
Black Standard poodle = Angus
Black and white kitty = Percival
Brunette chic = Me
Goat with brunette = Baby
Goat kids = Bentley and Eva, and their mom
Blue Heeler = Izzy the incredible
Orange and white kitty = Puss
Rhode Island Reds = all roosters, and I call them all Rhodies

3 comments:

Kristi said...

The Indiana countryside.....sure makes me homesick! There's nothing like it!

Brooke said...

You're not kidding. We live in a subdivision now...NEVER thought that would happen. I have to get my "critter" fix when I go home. And I am never disappointed!

Summer said...

Love all of your photos, is Puss (orange and white one) a Hemingway cat? Looks like he has thumbs!

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones