Monday, August 29, 2011

We do love the music!

   I have always tried to encourage my love of music to my kids. I do believe it is something that feeds my soul. The possibilities are endless, and no two songs ever have to be the same. It is mind blowing. I love all types of music. I cut my teeth on the Rolling Stones, I get the "Led" out, I can have a Hard Days Night and still, I Feel Fine, thanks to the Beatles, and there is plenty more where that came from. It was very varied lol. Born in the late seventies and really growing up in the eighties and nineties, you would think I would feel jipped on some iconic music. But dig deep enough and there is some really great stuff in those decades too. What impresses me more than listening to music is watching it be made.

   I have a great ear for good music. But there is something deep and kindred about watching someone "make" music. To see an inanimate object come to life and fill the air with its song, it is nothing short of amazing. I once had an up and coming singer who performed at a local coffee house come up to me and say thank you for my "undivided attention" lol. I was just blown away at how his fingers just flew over the strings! I sort of felt like a stalker. But I guess it made him feel like he did something really good. Hopefully he wasn't creeped out lol.

   Anyway, Biggest did her stint with the violin. Taught by the fabulous Mr. Lister. And yes, I love his name. He went on to retire, much to her dismay so she didn't go back. Now Middle has grabbed on to the cello. Oh how I love the cello. It is so deep and soulful. Today is her first day of practice at school. If you haven't had a chance to check out the Etowah County Youth Orchestra, so do! What an amazingly talented group of kids. They do class twice a week at school called beginner strings. An awesome thing for kids to do!

   This is Middle's cello baby for the year. She is very pretty! She's a modest gal and doesn't want to show too much of her body :) Just like she should be!




 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones