Monday, June 18, 2012

It's SUMMER Time!

   We have had one hectic month or so. First we went to Indiana for our niece and nephew graduating, had one week of downtime and then off to Disney to watch our girls perform with their dance troupe - The Dreamcatchers - in Downtown Disney. What a GREAT group of people we got to do this with. Although I still firmly say that I am not a fan... and I am sticking to that, I will say that the company we had made it better. Been there, and now done that, no need to do it again. On the way home, we had a real craving for fresh seafood. We made a very out of the way trip to Perdido Key to hit
"The Shrimp Basket". Oh my goodness. Oh my tastebuds. Absolutely FANTASTIC food, accompanied by a wonderful ocean breeze, we couldn't help ourselves, we had to sit on the deck to eat. About 2 feet from me was a large crane who was walking quietly on the other side of the rail. He was eyeballing my fries. The girls loved it! We went across the street after we were done stuffing ourselves to walk on the beach for a bit. Really, we were only there for about an hour. I certainly hadn't lugged my camera all over Disney, so I broke it out for the most fun the girls had. Ahem, the FREE fun. Yeah, you heard me correctly. My girls said it was more fun than Disney, and dang. It. Was. Free. Girls after my own heart.

   In our world, summer break has officially started. We couldn't be more ready for it, either. Woo Hoo! The dogs missed us. Bad. They always give us such a ticker tape parade when we come home. Our garden was putting out a lot of veggies. Biggest is making us a fab dinner, including fresh eggplant. Yum!

   Happy Fathers Day to my honey. Love you to the moon. Love our family. And you are stuck with me :) xoxoxo




*Photography by my hubby. Thanks for the flattering shot, James.*


The image on the right is a recreation of one that I took 6 years ago at Tybee Island. Love!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones