Monday, January 16, 2012

Beloved [Bodley]

   Let me introduce you to a very cool couple. This is Jeff and Teri Bodley. They came in from Tennessee Saturday afternoon for my very first Beloved shoot. I have known these guys for several years and it has been such a pleasure. They both have huge hearts for Jesus, using the vehicle of music as their ministry. Jeff is the Jeff in the "Jeff Bodley Band" :) Check out his link below. He is a very talented musician, and Teri is incredibly talented as an artist.
   Jeff had contacted me back in November to set up a time for shooting his band. But back up a week beforehand, I had posted on facebook about needing a couple to model for a Beloved session. I was looking for a particular couple. I came up empty handed. During our conversation Jeff said that he would also like to get some portraits of just him and Teri. Light bulb moment. I asked him how long they had been married - and he said the magic number. 20 years. In my head, my couple would be awesome (Jeff and Teri, check!) they would be married for 20+ years (check!) and would be artistic and unafraid to be real in front of the camera (check!). Done deal, we set it up!
   I feel drawn to Beloved sessions. My husband and I have been through so much. It is just not something that you can imagine when you are engaged. You know, the actual thick and thin. There is such a richness to a relationship after you have literally built a life together. It is something that the older I get, the more dear it becomes to me. I'm kind of a romantic that way - that or its the only way of keeping my sanity lol! What I see however, are couples who have forgotten how starry eyed they were when they first met. Because of all the thick and thin. It is the greatest feeling for me as a photographer to be able to dig past all the everyday hum drum and remind people of those butterflies. What a gift! It makes the journey all that much sweeter. My hope is that it is as passion fueling for the couple, as it is for me as a photographer. We all need reminding from time to time.
   I have to say, this Beloved session is everything I had hoped it would be and more. I truly love this type of photography. Please share this post, and hopefully more and more couples will want to get in on this...I promise you will never regret it.

                                                                  http://jeffbodley.com/home.cfm
                                                                  http://jeffbodley.com/music.cfm

   *As a side note - a lot people wanted to know what Jeff was singing to Teri - of course, it couldn't be more fitting - Life is a Highway ;)
























2 comments:

NickyHall said...

Beautiful photos. You can tell how in love you two are with each other. Your wife is beautiful. :God Bless. :)

Melissa Black said...

Great, great pictures! Y'all look exactly the same as you did 20 years ago......

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones