Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012? How'd you get here so fast?

   It doesn't take much, time just flies. Looking at other photographers photos this morning on my Facebook newsfeed, I realize how little my kids aren't any more when I see families with small children. It seems like yesterday when I started driving and gas was $0.98. It seems like forever ago, and yesterday at the same time that I met my husband. We will have been together for 15 years real soon! Sitting here with hair color on my head - FYI - you would think that brown hair is easy to match color to, uh, totally isn't. I consider my natural color better than a bottled color but these days I am seeing non brunette hairs popping up, you all know what I am talking about lol. So there you have it. We have arrived at 2012, not unscathed, but alive and well in the scheme of things. Can't complain! So what have I learned in all my years? Well, so many things apparently, just ask my honey - we just watched a bit of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - I rock (although he never believes me). I've told him countless times that I have loads of information in my head, all sorts of trivial nonsense...but in itself, it amounts to a lot of knowledge! But seriously? I've learned compassion, forgiveness, to laugh and be silly. I've learned hard work is what makes success. That success isn't always what you think it is, it's usually deeper. I've learned to push through diversity when I want to quit (except in the exercise department). I've learned it is OK to allow yourself to have and feel emotions. That no matter my frailty, God is for me (you know the rest - who can be against me). I'm not cookie cutter. And that is ok. I thought what I wanted was different than what I got. But as it turns out - I didn't know anything. I am so happy with what I have, I can't explain it. There is greatness in every day, sometimes you have to look for it.

                                 I know me. I push me. I. LIKE. ME. And that is enough.

For what it is worth...I am going to push myself more this year. I need to. Me, me, me. I, I, I. This is the sort of thinking you get when you lay in the best spot in the house until you can't take it anymore and are about pass out from the bone warming deliciousness. I of course, am talking about the "sun spot". The most popular spot in the house by far...you have to fight the dogs and the cat to get it. By the way, as I was laying there I thought of my sweet precious sister Lori...she do love her sun. Makes the mind start drifting to a beach day :)

So get ready my friends. You have all supported me on my photography journey thus far. You will never know how much it means to me. I am blessed! On with the show.

Starting on Monday, January 9th until Tuesday, January 31st I will be offering a Headshot promotion.




                I leave you with this...Be THRILLED with you! And don't be scared to love deeply.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones