Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh the wonderful things that make not so wonderful things...well, wonderful!

   I love taking photographs. LOVE IT. Love seeing it turn out right, turn out beautiful... I do NOT love doing that through a 12 year old computer. OH. MY. GOODNESS. On this side of this blog, often, is a hysterical maniac. Hating my computer. HATING IT. For months I couldn't justify getting a new one just because my old was doing the work. But it was certainly doing it slowly. Sputter sputter, break, crank, sputter sputter, break. BOOOOO. Who wants that sort of thing making you lose your creative mojo? I don't. On one of my typing hands is a realist. I know that in order for me to be joyful and profitable, the dinosaur HAD TO GO. On the other typing hand is a notorious tight wad. I was at an impass. I have a wedding coming up. Weddings equal loads of images. RAW images. Raw images equal hours to load on the dinosaur. Hours. Cooler heads (mine) prevailed, and not only a new computer ~ complete with HD monitor, came to live at my house, but a new program as well. A little thing called CS5. Some of you lucky dogs may know it, I certainly don't. But am I tickled to be learning it? Uh, yeah!

   Goodbye, sort of faithful dinosaur. You have been my constant companion these many years, and most often my constant complaint. However, you did the job, and got what needed to be done, done. The next office companion on the chopping block ~ the printer that gives me an error every time I use it. Or should I say, every third paper ~ JAM. Error. JAM.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones