Monday, February 20, 2012

How about some news?

   This year, I wanted to give something new and incredible to my seniors, I love them so! I don't fool around in photoshop, not a whole lot. I despise it. I say it all the time - the best you'll get out of me is you will look well rested, and like you are having a great skin day. These are two things I personally battle with. I am not a magician. I am not a plastic surgeon. I don't make people skinnier in photoshop. I am here to photograph YOU. And I hope you love yourself, as you are. That can be a hard thing for a lot of people, but in the end, time spent self loathing is time that is never gotten back. Quit hating on yourselves! All that said - who doesn't love to feel awesome? Who doesn't love a little pampering?
   After much consideration about how I can help my seniors feel awesome about themselves (without feeling like they need to be photoshopped in order to do so) I came to the conclusion that I would hire a makeup artist to spend some time with these kids and show them how to play up their best features. Below is the first session we had with our new MUA. Not only did [M] look GREAT - she FELT great. And just as I hoped, this definitely came through in the images. I hope you love them as much as I do. Next week I will have my MUA's session to blog. Her name is Mackenzie Nall - of Kenz Kosmetics. She was so good with my client! I really enjoyed the interaction between the two - when my client and her mom liked Mackenzie I could tell that this was just the thing I wanted to add to Brooke Bikneris Photography's senior sessions. Thanks Mackenzie! I feel like I am making great strides to seperate myself from others in my area, in a kind and good way. And this is just one more way to do so.












No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones