Monday, March 12, 2012

Sisters Three, part II

   I have had the image in my mind. I have failed over and over again to get it in print. Photographers who have their own children know how hard they are to photograph ... any parent who has a child really, it doesn't have to be your profession. Kids and pets are a lot alike. I can't even sneak away to grab my camera if my dogs are doing something cute. They will either follow me, or act plastic. I think sometimes it is a conspiracy to drive me insane. Now I sound paranoid lol. One time I read somewhere that dogs stay up at night thinking of terrible things to do the next day. I laughed when I read it, then I thought it probably was true. Not so funny when you think of it in that light. And the kids? Oh my gosh. Is it not the finest, thinnest line in the world to walk? You don't want to push it, or there will be tears - on the models side, and the photographers side lol! So these images have been in the making, in my head for a long time. Our walls need updated portraits. And I wanted a BIG one, of all my little chickens together, acting like they like each other. I don't care if it is pretend! As it turned out, there were glimpses of love there. A tremendous amount of time, a cramped up shooting hand (all of my assistants were in front of my camera) and lots of animal shoo-ing later - yeah, the ones that don't want to be in front of the camera - there were there :| we finally got what I have been wanting. And the biggest reward for me? Was when Middle, my biggest critic (bless her heart :) said that her picture really made her want to look at, that there was something about her eyes that made her HAVE to look at it... well what can I say? What she couldn't express in words, that feeling of connection, that is something a (brand new) 11 year old can't articulate. And it is what every photographer shoots for. For someone to feel a deep connection to a photograph. Coming from Middle, well, I don't think there is a higher compliment. And YES, they do look at "likes" on FB. A bit of a smug satisfaction tugs at their smiles when they see who is in the lead lol. I am not so sure I am ever going to post individuals of all three at the same time again. Love my little women!












No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones