Friday, July 29, 2011

And so, we are now live!

   I mentioned in a previous post that I was in the process of launching a website. It is finally done, and officially launched. This is a big accomplishment for me, because even though it was easy enough for most people to do, for me, it was hard lol. Technology, well lets just say, it's not really my bag. So after much time, here it is:  www.brookebiknerisphotography.com

  This week turned out to be quite productive and very busy. Another season is starting and I will be photographing the Dreamcatchers again this year. Love those girls, and their instructor, Santana McKinney. This year two of my three girls will be in it. We will have a lot of fun, no doubt.

  Also, I entered a drawing on www.SheHeartsIt.com earlier this month to win a Lensbaby Composer. And can you believe it? I WON! I am so excited, and it will be here on Wednesday. Thanks so much!

  This week also was bitter and sweet. At the beginning of the week, a girl I went to school with lost her 7 year old son. Absolutely devestating. My prayers are with her family. Having lost a child myself, I can say from that experience that you manage a new normal, but obviously your life is never the same. My Vivian Jane will always be counted, and therefore she will always be missed. There are always the questions of "How many kids do you have?" The hesitation of my answer, the quick thought process of Do I want to say the actual number, or do I want to give the easy answer of how many are living and leave it at that. This is something that will never change for me, I am sure. When I only answer 3, I always feel a sense of betrayal. But sometimes that is easier than the complicated explanation of 3 on earth and 2 in heaven. One was a miscarriage, one was born sleeping. What caused it, etc... Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to know, I am always happy to share, I love talking about Vivian. It just put a lot of people in an uncomfotable position because they don't know how to react.
  At the end of this week, my sweet Pastor Sam Day was admitted to the hospital for a double bypass. It was a shock to everyone involved. And a good bit of our church was there for his wife and waited with her for the many hours it took for the doctors to say that everything went perfect and our friend will be fine. The Day family is precious to my family. I can't say it enough. God has gifted them to us. He has gifted our church family to us as well. The support we have received and the friendships we have made, they can only be explained as blessings. Pastor Sam was there, not only as a pastor, but as a dear friend, at the hospital with me and Jim ~ the same one he was at last night, when the ultrasound showed that at 30 weeks our sweet girl was gone. He went to the next hospital where I delivered her too, and stayed with us through the whole process, even until after I handed her back to the nurse for the funeral home to come and get her. It was such a comfort to me and Jim that he was there. None of our family was there, they are all out of state. He stepped in and was a rock for us. God given. I am a firm believer in God and that He puts people in our paths to be his hands and feet. We are so blessed. Sam will be back home with his sweet family in no time. And once again, God is great. He always outdoes himself :)

  So yeah, a full and busy week. Filled with such emotion. Certainly one that makes you take stock of your life. I am always humbled and filled with thanksgiving that I get to do what I do. Just as a side note, though, never wait to get your portraits done. You never know when your circumstances will change and you won't get a chance to do them. They are something that your family will have to remember you by, a gift for your kids, so they have something visusal of you. They are so important, in my opinion.

  I hope that everyone has a great weekend! Blessed, and BE a blessing!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones