Monday, July 25, 2011

Reaching milestones...

   Milestones are so important. It really doesn't matter how big, or how small. They each are have their own importance to us. In business, we have "goals". I find I like them better when I call them milestones. To me, they aren't just these things to be reached. It is all about the journey, is it not? When you have children and they hit milestones, it is celebrated. A first tooth. A first tooth lost. Photography is something that I put my life into. I mean, I literally spend chunks of my life learning, and then putting into practice, many many aspects of photography. My family and I have both invested a lot of time into it. So it has become something that I feel has a life of its own. And where there is life, there are milestones.

  Inch by inch, I have acquired a web presence. What I have yet to put out there is a website. I felt like I needed to really know what I want to present to potential clients ~ and only show that kind of work. I love all photography ~ I am just more passionate about particular kinds. So soon, I will be launching my website. It is definately a journey, and I learn more about my strengths and style and likes as I am putting it together. I am finding there are directions I want to head more towards, and there are things that I want to try that I haven't yet. It has been a very rewarding experience. And definately a frustrating one ( I am SOOOO not good at the technical stuff!). In the end it will be totally worth it though, I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

  I posted earlier in the year that I had a lot of big changes coming for my business. One was a different equipment set up. That was a big deal to me. I never thought I would be able to take it this far! And I have so much further that I want to go! Another is that officially we will be offering weddings in 2012. There is so much more, but I don't want to give it all away. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones