Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The awesomeness of DOG.

I love dogs. Period. I have one at my feet as I type this. Anyone who knows me well will know which one it is. I never have been without a dog, and I never will be as long as I can help it. If I have done one thing true to me and my nature for my kids, it is pass on that love for animals, and majorly for dogs. Kitty doesn't count, because he isn't like a cat, he is like a dog. All of my girls have theirs. Big has Pippa, Middle has Percival (cat/dog) and Little has P Man, Fat Head, or Puccini, what ever we are calling him at the time. "I'm just wild about Angus. He's just wild about me..." Ok, so I changed the lyrics just a tad, but it is true none the less. Actually for Gus, it is a bit of an understatement. lol. He is totally devoted to me. He is staring at me right now. Sucha good boy. And my honey has Edgar. Everyone has their own that is particularly attached to them. Middle loved Kitty when he was so, so very sick. She nursed him through all of it, so patient and caring. Even when he was the "Loogey King" (seriously, oh my gosh, he was SO sick). Now he is mostly the picture of health, and a big mouth. Yeah, Cornish Rex cats are very talkative. Even at 2 in the morning. Or 2:30, or 3:00. He doesn't mind striking up at conversation, ever. Any time. Eddy is just my honey's dog. He adores Jim. He's a mans dog. Loves boys too. P Man, well, P Man runs everyones show. He is the boss. Of everything. And he is sort of getting crabby in his old age. But he is forgiven because he is so stinkin' cute. Last but not least is the Pip. Little Pippa is just a doll baby. Meaning, the girls wrap her in baby blankets and make her a doll. She is referred to as the Lawn Weasel. She doesn't really look like a dog when she is standing and when she is running  she looks like a weasel. She has a big heart and loves her Biggest. She follows her everywhere. Wee little Pip. Oh she has her faults, she wins the title of food beggar supreme. She loves to eat fruits and veggies, she can pop open sunflower shells and eats the seed like a pro. She sounds like she is electric when she growls ~ she doesn't sound real! Which makes it all the more fun to play with her. She is a fab cuddler.

Each of our pets have such unique personalities. It is hard to imagine not having each of them. They add so much to our lives. They are all "second hand", or shelter pets. Rescues. I think that says a lot. They have the most appreciation. My kids have all learned such life lessons. Incredibly deep life lessons from them. Like the time we fostered a pregnant bully. She was here 2 days before she whelped. After nearly loosing her in delivery, she gave birth to 10 pups. And one by one they all but two passed away. Middle and Little took it the hardest. Biggest is better at understanding. What did they learn though? That even though someone had thrown these away, they still had worth, they were still an opportunity for us to love them while they were here. To know love even briefly, it was our privilege. We were so blessed for it.

I am going to try to post a photo a week of our furry family. This week I will start with the last first ~ The Pip!

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones