Thursday, July 7, 2011

When things are up in the air

   Have you ever been at a stand still because various things are "up in the air"? Right now, in our home and in our business, we have big changes coming, but we can't make one decision until another is made. So hows that for a stand still. It seems as though moving forward or sideways or any other way for that matter is an impossibility until a major decision is reached (and it isn't even up to us). So instead of moving forward we have decided to keep on as best we can until things are settled. What do you do when things are this way? You just go on about your business. In light of all this, I have a wedding that I am super excited about this weekend. What a fun bride! And over the weekend I let the girls get all fancied up and play in makeup for a funky little tutu shoot we had for Santana McKinney. She is an awesome young woman that is incredibly creative and makes the best darned tutus you have ever seen. We have 3, I love that they are long and full.

  In the middle of getting ready for this and all the girly chatter and giggles ringing in the air, it hit me. My girls are a lot bigger than the last time I really saw them. School rushes by (not fast enough in my opinion) you are so busy with that and cramming in as much family time in the evening as you can. And before you know it, whoosh! Summer is here, and nearly over for the kids already. Another whoosh! Dig your heals in as you might, but you aren't stopping anything, not even slowing it down. So there I stood, amazed at how no longer are my girls "cute". My girls are beautiful. Oldest has crossed over that threshold of silly girl, to willowy teen. Middle is not far behind, and all of the sudden has just come into her own. Little is just as silly and goofy as ever, my sweet little Beana. I am going to soak her up as much as I can, squeeze every little ounce of baby goodness that is left in her into my memory. All the while not trying to be sad, but giving them the best a mother can : the ability to stand on their own two feet, strong in the Lord, and knowing without a shadow of a doubt that no matter what this world dishes out, we are their biggest fans. Lord have mercy on my and my poor husband. We have some alright kids :)

Here is a little bit of the fun we had (well I can't say they had fun, it was hot and difficult lol. Sorry ladies!)

Total Pageviews

Followers

Listen to jboaas Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones